Chairman, SRM Group
Mr. Ravi Pachamoothoo is the Chairman of SRM Group with its Headquarters in Chennai. He is the son of Dr T.R.Pachamuthu, an Educationalist, Philanthropist and Industrialist
Leading the strategic growth and change in the organisation Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo has been actively associated in the setting up of several educational Institutions under the SRM Group banner – Valliammai Society and SRM Institute of Science and Technology. Under his able and dynamic leadership, the internationally renowned SRM University is now ranked among the top private University in India.
SRM University is well known for providing quality education of International standards with state of the art facilities to over 60,000 students and has campuses located at Chennai, Trichy, Delhi and Haryana. In addition to Engineering, SRM University has forayed into Medical, Dental, Para-medical sciences, Arts & Science, Management and Film Institute under his aegis.
Apart from being actively involved in the field of education, Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo has directed the SRM Group strategy for more than a decade and led the diversification of its businesses into successful ventures.
As the Chairman, he takes responsibility for SRM Groups’ corporate functions, including finance, strategy management, business plan, optimization of resources and innovation.
Mr. Ravi Pachamoothoo’s passion for the Hospitality Industry has enabled the Group to set up five hotels of different categories at various locations in Tamil Nadu. He lays emphasis on quality, dedicated service, and focus on delivering sustainable growth. The Hotels under his control are acclaimed and conferred with awards.
Mr. Ravi Pachamoothoo has also set up SRM Transports Private Limited which has a fleet of over 120 buses plying across the southern states and about 30 car carriers, mini buses, bulkers, Speed Parcel Carriers and tourist cabs.
SRM Civil works Private Limited is engaged in the production of Ready mix concretes used for construction activities undertaken by the Company and others. They have two factories located in the suburbs of Chennai City.
Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo has a Midas’ touch in whatever ventures he turns his attention to. He took over a sick cement company situated in the state of Andhra Pradesh and within a short span of time turned into a profit making venture. The company provides direct employment to over 250 people and indirect employment to many. The cement unit has now initiated steps for expansion of its capacity.
Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo enjoys travel across the world to experience the working of industries and enterprise which could be incorporated into the Group’s activities in India, which would set them apart as leaders in the relevant fields.
Contribution to the Society:
Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo developed the SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre at Kattankulathur, Chengalpettu, Chennai, with over 1600 beds today with state-of-the-art medical equipment to make immediate medical attention/help accessible to the villagers living in the surrounding peripheral areas. SRM Hospital employs about 700 doctors in various disciplines who cater to all the medical needs of the neighbourhood.
SRM Hospital has been extending
- Affordable and mostly free treatment
- Antidotes for snake bites which is very common in rural areas
- Free diet and transportation/ambulance services to the poor and needy
- Free Health Camps at regular to build health awareness among villagers
- A Rural Health Centre at Chengalpet Dist., Tamil Nadu for providing medical assistance to the rural people.
Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo has initiated several scholarships for meritorious and economically challenged students to enable their empowerment and progression in life. Books, uniforms and tuition fees are provided to the children from economically weaker sections of the society.
Mr Ravi Pachamoothoo was one of the first to contribute to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to support people affected by the Cyclone ‘Thane’. Under his chairmanship, SRM provided full scholarship (tuition fees and hostel fees) to the students from the ‘Thane’ cyclone affected areas and those hailing from agricultural families affected by the cyclone, to help them pursue their professional education till the final year.
SRM Group has also contributed liberally to the development of under developed districts in the state through the Collector’s welfare scheme. Fully equipped Free Emergency Medicare Centres at Central and Egmore Railway Stations in Chennai in 2013, which have treated over 4000 patients so far.
- For his contribution to the society Mr. Ravi Pachamoothoo has recently been conferred with ‘Dharma darana’ award by ‘Sudesi, a leading international magazine.
- Education Excellence Award 2012 conferred by Brands Academy.
- SRM University has bagged various laurels, Awards and recognition under his stewardship.
- He has addressed numerous Seminars and Conferences and contributed articles on topics relating on Medical care, Education and Hospitality Management.
- The 1600-bed SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre at Kattankulathur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- SRM College of Nursing
- SRM Kattankulathur Dental College
- Launch of 700-bed Chennai Medical College, Trichy
- Inter Disciplinary School of Indian System of Medicine
- Pharmaceutical company to manufacture and market herbal drugs
- Received US Patent related to a herbal formulation for treatment of Type – II diabetes
- SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani, 345-bed corporate hospital at Vadapalani, Chennai which has the complete
- spectrum of Medical Services
- Information centres in Kolkota, Guwahati, Agartala and other North East states for the benefit of patients in the region