8 Am to 6 Pm
Dr. Nishanth Sampath
Junior Consultant – Clinical Neurophysiology
Dr NishanthSampath has completed his MBBS and MD from JIPMER, Pondicherry. Then he moved to AIIMS, New Delhi for advanced training in Intraoperative Neurophysiology. He moved to AIIMS Delhi for intra operative neuro physiology training for 2 years.He has performed neurophysiological monitoring for over 200 surgeries of diverse types namely brain tumour surgeries, epilepsy surgeries, spinal cord tumour resection, spinal cord dethethering, degenerative diseases of spine and deformity corrective procedures of spine during the training period.He helps the surgeon in mapping eloquent areas of the brain – motor, sensory and language areas of the brain in high-risk brain tumour resection.
Professional Competencies of your Doctor:
- Monitoring neurophysiologist for the live surgeries in Complex Spine Surgery Workshop conducted by the Dept. of Neurosurgery, AIIMS, New Delhi in May 2015
- Monitoring neurophysiologist for the live surgeries in AIIMS Annual Spine Workshop conducted by the Department of Neurosurgery, AIIMS, New Delhi in October 2014.
- Member of International Society for Intraoperative Neurophysiology
- Member of American Society for Neurophysiological Monitoring
Your Doctor’s Area of Expertise:
- Eloquent cortex mapping
- Spinal cord monitoring
- Facial nerve monitoring
- To develop a structured fellowship program in Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring