8 Am to 6 Pm
Dr Selvi Radhakrishna
Institute / Department:
Institute of Oncology
Senior Consultant – Oncoplastic Breast Surgery (Visiting)
MBBS, FRCS (Edinburgh), Dip NB, PG Diploma in Oncology (Birmingham)
Basic Clinical/Surgical Training
An alumnus of Madras Medical College, Dr Selvi has trained extensively in breast surgery at premier centres in India and abroad. She is associated with research projects in breast surgery and keenly supports programs to build breast health awareness amongst women.
Dr Selvi’s experience lies in providing a comprehensive range of breast care services inclusive of mastectomy with axillary clearance, breast reconstruction surgery with implants, therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reduction, breast augmentation and mastopexy.
- Dedicated breast surgeon trained in oncoplastic breast surgery.
- Dr Selvi has made a number of publications in leading national and international journals on the subjects of oncology, breast surgery and related studies. She has also authored a few books on breast surgery and care.
- A research enthusiast, Dr Selvi has been deeply involved in research projects since 1995. Of special note is her collaboration with Biotechnology Department of IIT, Chennai for Tumour Tissue Banking, Chennai being one of the largest tumour repositories in South India.
- Founder member of Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Founder and Managing Trustee of Sharana Breast Cancer Relief and Research Foundation
- Co-founder of Pennalam, an NGO to build awareness about breast and cervical cancer amongst women.