In the true spirit of the saying ‘Prevention is better than cure’; SIMS Hospital has designed a programme to take stock of your health. With early identification of health problems, SIMS Hospitals’ Preventive Health Screening Program enables a doctor to do timely intervention which significantly brings down the morbidity, and more importantly reassures the status of your health. Master Health Check Packages for all age groups with customization options available according to the individual requirements. Additional specialty focused Health Screening is available on request. You can contact the Preventive Health Screening (PHS) Desk personnel for assistance in choosing the one.
- To take prior appointment. Call +91 87540 45275 for assistance
- Inform the PHS desk if you have any history of diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure or any other health conditions during the appointment
- Inform if you are Pregnant or suspecting pregnancy at PHS desk in advance to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure, e.g. X-ray
- PHS desk is functional from 7 AM, Monday to Saturday. Reporting to the PHS desk must be done before 10 AM
- Corporate sponsored clients are requested to bring their referral letter / credit note and employee ID
FASTING, MEDICATIONS & PRE-REQUISITES FOR DIAGNOSTICS
- Minimum 8-12 hours of fasting and abstinence from alcohol
- Medication on the fasting night can be taken as usual
- A sip of water is permissible before Health Check (no tea/ coffee/ other liquids)
- Anti-hypertensive or any other essential drugs are permissible except anti-diabetic medication
- Inhalers or Oral Bronchodilators for Asthma or Bronchitis should preferably be avoided
- For Eye Check-Up: Patients should be without contact lenses for at least 24 hrs
- For Pap Smear Test: women should not be in her Menstruation cycle
- Mammography: Recommended for women above the age of 40 years and Ultrasound Breast is recommended for women below age of 40 years
- Treadmill Test (TMT) is done 2 hours after food intake
- Ultrasonography test requires a full bladder for best results. Therefore, patients need to drink plenty of water and not urinate prior to the test. Make sure you have given fasting samples for all diagnostics tests
WHAT TO WEAR/ BRING?
- Patients need to wear comfortable clothing, footwear and minimum jewellery on the day of the Health Check
- If possible, collect containers for urine and stool samples prior the schedule day and bring morning stool and urine samples along on the date of the Health Check
- Patients are advised to bring accessories like glasses or hearing aids, if they have any
A well-balanced Complimentary Breakfast will be provided to all those who undertake Preventive Health Screening.
Completion of Basic Preventive Health Screening will take about 3 hours. Upgraded packages will take additional 2-3 hours for completion. Additional tests like Blood Investigations/Procedure/Consultations subject to availability of appointment. These will be billed separately in addition to the package payment. In case SIMS Hospital is unable to carry out any test or consultation because of unforeseen reason(s); the same test will be carried out on some other working day as per patient’s convenience but within 10 days of the date of health check.
Reports will be delivered on the next day with a review with the Consultants.
Same day reports will be considered on special requests subject to testing and interpreting schedule.