8 Am to 6 Pm
Dr BASHI V. VELAYUDHAN
Institute / Department:
Institute For Cardiac And Advanced Aortic Disorders [ICAAD]
Director & Senior Consultant
M.B.B.S, M.S. GENERAL SURGERY, M.CH. THORACIC SURGERY, FIACS, FACS
No of year's experience:
Basic Clinical/Surgical Training
Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, 1980-1983 training in Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery. Worked till 1992, holding the post Professor of Cardio-thoracic surgery. Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia (1987-1990) – extensive training in Coronary bypass grafting surgery as Senior Registrar.
No of surgeries/procedures performed
Over 15,000 surgeries , including 12,000 Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgeries
- Pioneered beating heart bypass surgery and arterial grafting.
- Complex Aortic Aneurysm surgeries – aneurysm surgeries, Aortic root replacements, Aortic Arch replacements, Thoracic and Thoraco-abdominal aortic operations, hybrid procedures of the Aortic Arch and Thoraco-Abdominal Aorta.
- Mitral Valve repairs, tricuspid valve procedures, double Valve replacement operations, adult congenital heart surgeries, carotid endarterectomy, pulmonary operations, pulmonary thrombo endarterectomy, heart transplants and complex re-operations for aortic aneurysms, coronary bypass and valve surgeries.
Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Vascular Society of India.
- Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Asia.
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons of USA.
- European Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.