8 Am to 6 Pm
Dr. P Kuganantham
Institute / Department:
Department of Social Medicine
Consultant – Community Medicine and Infectious Diseases
MBBS, DPH, WHO Fellow-MPH (JHU-USA), DTM&H (UK)
Basic Clinical/Surgical Training
An alumnus of Stanley Medical College and Madras Medical College, Dr Kuganantam is well known for his contribution to Chennai city and Tamilnadu as City Health Officer – Chennai City Corporation and Director – Communicable Diseases Hospital, Chennai
Having trained extensively in India and abroad, and specifically with WHO and other international institutions, Dr Kuganantham has spearheaded management of communicable diseases in the state and India as a whole, having been part of city planning programmes. He has played a pivotal role in the management of epidemics in the state.
Management of communicable diseases and infection control, project design, programming, and fund management.
- Nutritional programmes for child and mother welfare
- Formation of doctor networks
- Introduction of urban health care centres in large urban slums
- Integrated Diseases Surveillance combining government and private sector efforts to track diseases
- Health camps for school going children