8 Am to 6 Pm
Dr. Syed Afroze Hussain
Institute / Department:
Institute of Oncology
Senior Consultant - Surgical Oncology
MS (General Surgery), M.Ch (Surgical Oncology)
Basic Clinical/Surgical Training
An experienced surgical Oncologist with about 20 years of clinical practice; and skilled in dealing with a wide range of Cancer surgeries, including surgeries of GI tract Cancers.
- Head and neck malignancies- surgical resection and reconstruction
- Breast tumors- both conservative and radical resections, sentinal node mapping, reverse axillary mapping
- Gastro-intestinal malignancies – endoscopic evaluation, laparoscopic diagnosis with resection. Open surgical procedures
- Gynaecological malignancies
- Musculo-skeletal tumors – limb sparing and amputations.
- Functional and oncological outcome following a innovative surgery in recurrent elbow soft tissue sarcoma- Techniques of shoulder and elbow surgery-June 2010 – Volume 11 – Issue 2
- Pelvic kidney and carcinoma cervix- Indian journal of surgical oncology- Volume 1, Number 4, December 2010
- Review of Papillary carcinoma thyroid management in a government hospital, a correlation with MACIS scoring- a cross sectional study- international journal of scientific research-volume 7, issue 5, may 2018,
- The vintage and versatile:an analysis of 10 years experience with the use of forehead flap in reconstruction of defects in head and neck region post oncologic resections – international journal of scientific research,volume-7 | issue-5 | may-2018 | issn no 2277 – 8179
- Anaplastic carcinoma thyroid- A review on the management of this aggressive cancer – Gulf journal of oncology- issue 28, pg 37-41, september2018
- Axillary dissection using electric cautery and ultrasonic dissector in carcinoma Breast, a prospective randomised study, indianjcancer, 2017;volume=54;issue=3, pg 543-546
- Surgical management of sacral tumours perspective and outcome analysis of 15 year period, a single institutional experience, international journal of scientific research,vol-7,issue-4,april2018
- Congenital anomalies and anatomical aberration in head and neck oncology- a single institutional experience, annals of international medical and dental research, vol 4 issue 2; feb2018.
- Clinical,radiological, pathological correlation of nodal status in operable epithelial ovarian cancer. Annals of international medical and dental research, vol4 issue 2, feb 2018
- Temporalis muscle flap in head and neck reconstruction, is that forgotten or forbidden? Our case series and review of literature, Indian journal of surgical oncology, April 2017.
- Gastric malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour- a rare mesenchymal tumour in the era of C-kit, Journal of medical science and clinal research, vol 5, issue 7, July 2017.