The Department of Emergency Medicine and Trauma Care plays a pivotal role at SIMS Hospital, a multi super specialty hospital at Chennai, rendering a gamut of integrated and personalised care for patients coming with medical and surgical emergencies. Our highly qualified and skilled emergency physicians will handle not only traumas but every other life and non-life threatening situation.
Two exclusive strategically located modular operating rooms with advanced equipment combined with the superlative skill sets of our specialists have been the prime reason for many to choose SIMS Hospital, Chennai for their emergency medical needs. Our fleet of ten ambulances operate 24X7 by providing out of hospital clinical care service from site of emergency by stabilizing, treating and transferring patients to our hospital. Our emergency paramedics are proficient in using high tech equipment such as ventilators, defibrillators, intravenous drips and administering lifesaving drugs.
- Well supported by advanced 24X7 laboratory and radiological services
- Round the clock pharmacy
- Minor procedure rooms
- Major operating rooms
- Ideally located in the heart of the city and easily accessible by road, air and rail
- Designated triage and resuscitation areas
- Private examining enclosures
- Road traffic accidents
- Head and spinal injuries
- Fracture and other orthopaedic conditions
- Hand injury service
- Fleet of ambulance services
- Obstetric and gynaecological emergencies
- Snake bite and management of other poisons
- Other medical and surgical emergencies
- Mass casualty management
- Facilitate transfers of critically ill neonates
All medico legal cases will be undertaken.