When it comes to providing the best heart care service with new age technology, Institute of Cardiac Sciences at SIMS Hospital specializes in accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of heart diseases. The digital cathlab is one of the best in its class capable of performing complex cardiac invasive procedures.
Institute of Cardiac Sciences opens its doors to offer comprehensive cardiac services including interventional cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery by adopting a holistic team approach with customized patient care where expert cardiologists focus on the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of cardiovascular diseases.
Institute uses new and advanced diagnostic tests to understand the complexity of disease, injury and congenital (present at birth) or acquired abnormalities.
Non- Invasive Diagnostics Procedures
- ElectroCardioGram (ECG) and Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Cardiac Stress Analysis:
- Treadmill Test (TMT)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- 24 hours Holter Monitor
- Tilt Table Test
- CT Coronory Angiogram
- 24 hours Ambulatory BP Monitoring
- Invasive Diagnostics Procedures
Institute is equipped with 2 Cath laboratories. And, this is one of the few hospitals in the country to have a Biplane cathlab capable of giving rapid multidimensional high quality images during diagnostic and corrective interventional procedures.
1. Coronory Angiography - It is done to identify blocks in the blood supply to heart
2. Primary Angioplasty – It is done for block removal and stenting in case of heart attack and to prevent muscle damage
3. Peripheral Angioplasty & Stenting – It covers Carotid artery stenting, Renal artery stenting, Abdominal aorta stenting, Subclavian artery stenting & Above and below the knee stenting
- Percutaneous Transluminal Mitral Commisurotomy (PTMC) / Balloon Mitral Valvulotomy (BMV)
- Balloon Pulmonary Valvulotomy (BPV)
- Balloon Aortic Valulotomy (BAV)
5. Coarctation of Aorta Stenting
6. ASD, VSD & PDA Service Closure
7. Pacemaker implantation
- Single and dual chamber pacemaker
- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy(CRT) –Triple chamber pacemaker
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator & Combo device
- Radio Frequency Ablation(RFA)
- ElectroPhysiological Study for various cardiac arrhythmias
9. Adjunctive Tools in PTCA
- Fractional Flow Reserve(FFR)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Optical Coherence Tomograph
10. IVC Filter Placement - This is done to prevent the clot from the legs to get dislodged to the heart and lungs thereby preventing pulmonary embolism
PREVENTIVE AND COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
The Preventive Cardiology Program is tailored to each patient's individual needs. The goal of the program is to promote positive healthy lifestyle change and provide medical management to:
- Reduce risk factors for heart disease
- Prevent strokes, heart attacks
- Reduce the need for future surgery
- Improve quality of life
- Prevent death
The major risk factors for cardiovascular disease:
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal cholesterol level
- Sleep apnea
- Lack of physical activity
All of these factors are highly predictable and preventable causes of heart attack, stroke and sudden death, but prevention requires individual effort.
The department offers updated diagnostic and therapeutic services and is backed by sophisticated ICCU, CATH lab and Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgical Theatre. The surgeries are performed by a highly trained cardiothoracic team of international repute. Guided Airflow theatre, Cardiothoracic ICU equipped with advanced monitoring systems like IABP (Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump) and ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) provide the right infrastructure.
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve repair and/or replacement
- Re-operative coronary and valve surgery
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgery
- Surgery for thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aneurysms
- Pulmonary Thromboembolectomy
- Heart and lung transplantation
- Thoracic surgery including VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery)
Pediatric cardiac surgeries such as ASD and VSD closure, Tetrology of Fallot repair, Fontan repair Coarctation repair etc.
CARDIOVASCULAR AND THORACIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU) at SIMS Hospital provides a post-operative multi-disciplinary approach consisting of cardio thoracic surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists, cardiologists, intensive care nurses and physiotherapists for cardiac surgical patients.
Our cardiac surgery program offers a full complement of surgical interventions from time honored surgeries such as coronary artery bypass graft surgery, valve replacement/repair and congenital cardiac repairs to new ground-breaking therapies such as off-pump coronary bypass, surgical repair of aortic diseases and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation. Institute also offers comprehensive treatment for congestive heart failure and end-stage lung disease, including surgical ventricular remodeling procedures, heart and lung transplantation and ventricular assist devices.